Tuesday 2 September 2014

Vegan Mofo Day 2: Chili and Sea Salt Crispbread

Okay so I'm slightly obsessed with making my own crackers.Mostly because I'm really obsessed with eating crackers. Someone with less linguistic restraint might call me crackers for crackers. Luckily I'd never say such a thing. This recipe is a variation on the cracker, cut into strips and liberally salted and chillied this is my Chili and Sea Salt Crispbread. Taylor made for dipping into hummus. You know, when you've bought a lackluster pot from Tesco and need a little zing.



Chili and Salt Crispbread
(makes about 16)

170g flour
60ml water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of chilli

Preheat the oven to 200C and oil two trays

In a small bowl mix together the salt and chilli


Pour the olive oil into the flour and start mixing. As your little hands are mixing everything in slowly add the water until you're able to form a ball of dough.

Once you've got your dough ball all happy flour your surface and roll out the dough as thin as you can get it. go for about 3mm

When it's all rolled out sprinkle with the chilli salt mixture and run the rolling pin over one more time to make sure it all sticks.

Cut into rectangles and transfer to the baking tray. In ten minutes it will be cooked and starting to brown on the edges. take it out and in another ten minutes it should be cool enough to enjoy.






4 comments:

  1. Whoa! Those are really cool! I love making crackers, too. I will definitely be trying these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crackers (+ hummus) are the perfect snack, I want to make these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like making my own because I can never find ones at the store that have the air bubbles in them that I like. Kind of a silly reason, but... On a related note, I want one of these so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am keeping this one in mind to make, as I love savoury snacks.

    ReplyDelete