Saturday 13 September 2014

Vegan Mofo Day 13: Fat Lemons Cafe

It's the weekend and asthma exists so I'm going easy on myself today and letting someone else do the cooking. Other than Stephen I mean.

We went out to Totnes (a must for the middle of MoFo as it's practically wall to wall health food shops) and had lunch at Fat Lemons Cafe a cute vegetarian cafe with a mediterranean bent.

The cafe, on the adorably named Ticklemore Street, is small but the space is used so cleverly. The seating is over two floors with one of the most gorgeous outside areas I've ever seen. Everything is bright, clean and just a little bit quirky.




I had one of the specials, the falafel, which is often token vegan option but this is a mediterranean place so no complaints from me. The falafel came with a delicious fresh salad with baby greens, sprouts, tomatoes and cucumbers. Remarkably well put together for something that other cafes often write off as a garnish. The falafel is served alongside pita and hummus, incredibly delicious, and a small tub of olives. The only let down on the plate was the sauce which could have done with a bit more flavour. But that's really nit picking.

It was a lovely lunch and really reminded me why Fat Lemons is in my regular Totnes lunch rotation.


No comments:

Post a Comment