Monday 9 September 2013

On being a copy cat

One of the best things about Vegan MoFo is all blogs that I wouldn't ordinarily see and the inspiration that comes from them. I've been filling up my pintrest full of things I have to make. Unfortunately I can't make everything right away but sometimes a recipe comes along at the right time, using the ingredients that you just happen to have to hand. And wouldn't it make a fantastic weekend lunch?

I think most people have already seen the tomato crostini from Hipster Food. It's been on my mind ever since I first saw it.
The Foundation
They start with cashew cheese but the recipe they recommend (this one) wasn't for me. Try as I might I can't get a taste for nutritional yeast. I did a bit of googleing and found this baby which was much more simple. Two days later it was ready and... honestly a little vinegary. I think it might be my brand of apple cider vinegar and next time I go for it I'll halve the amount. I mixed in some chives and spread it on the bread.
The deliciousness
On top I just followed the lead from hipster food. Spinach leaves, tomatoes. A little of the cooking oil over the top and this was one perfect late summer lunch. To make it even more special some of those tomatoes are the ones we grew ourselves.


3 comments:

  1. That's one of the things I love about MoFo too! I'd never have had totchos for dinner yesterday if it hadn't been for Erin at Meet the Wiko's post about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee, hipster food. Really though, that looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I'm to old to be a Hipster. It was delicious. But now I want totchos.

    ReplyDelete