Wednesday 14 August 2013

I Bought A Book: Whole Grain Vegan Baking

Whole Grain Vegan Baking is exciting. I've had to limit my whole grains recently because they weren't doing me any good. It was driving me crazy. I missed buying cool flours and eating amazing brad from local bakers. Also I kept getting pitying looks in cafes when I asked for white instead of  brown Or comments about how I must have been 'treating myself' nice assumptions there.

I was so so excited when I could nibble on those whole grains again. I was even more excited to get Whole Grain Vegan Baking in the post. And that's the back story. Let's just dive into the food pictures shall we?



First up is the Better With Beans Brownies. Rich, decadent, awesome. A very grown up brownie that, yes, contains beans. Most importantly it's moist and chocolaty and has has a deep dark richness that's tempting me to make another batch rather than write about them.


The Jam Crumble Bars (with blackcurrant here) are perfect if you are on a baked goods for breakfast kick. Sweet, spicy and just the right. It will keep you going until lunch. Then you can have another.


The last bake in this test run was the Whole Grain Sandwich Bread. It was tasty but I think it was way too strong tasting to be a sandwich bread. If it had it with a sandwich I could barley tell I had filling. Toasted it worked a lot better. Especially smothered in Marmite.

I recommend checking this one out. There are some fabulous recipes inside.

Whole Grain Vegan Baking: More than 100 Tasty Recipes for Plant-Based Treats Made Even Healthier-From Wholesome Cookies and Cupcakes to Breads, Biscuits, and More

No comments:

Post a Comment