Thursday 18 November 2010

Funny Thursdays: And Now The Chorizo

When I tried the veggie bacon out last week I managed to sang this one half price. So that is the fascinating back story behind why I ate veggie chorizo today. And to be honest I didn't really know what I wanted to do with it. So I followed this simple rule of thumb: When in doubt toss it with pasta.

So I put some pasta on the boil. Meanwhile, in a different pan I stir-fryed some leftovers. Onions, peppers, tenderstem broccoli, black olive and kale. It looked delicious and I couldn't help think 'am I really going to waste this on veggie chorizo' But I had to be brave and I added half the packet. The smell hit me instantly: warm, spicy, a little bit of sunshine. I added a nice glug of olive oil and my pasta.

It was rather tasty, not as spicy as I remember chorizo and the texture was a bit odd, but it tasted fairly nice. It's not exactly made it into my regular rotation but I wouldn't say no to another box.

No comments:

Post a Comment